MAPWORMS, an EIC programme, coordinated by The BioRobotics Institute of Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, started on 1st of May, 2022, with a duration of 4 years and involves the following partners:
- CoNISMa, Consorzio nazionale interuniversitario per le scienze del mare (Italy)
- HCMR, Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (Greece)
- HUJI, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel)
- VEXLUM, spin-off of the Optoelectronics Research Centre (ORC) Tampere University (Finland)
- ACMIT Gmbh – Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology (Austria)
MAPWORMS aims at challenging traditional robotics concept by proposing robots inspired by simplified marine organisms to perform tasks in response to environmental stimuli and to adapt to the environment with a shape-morphing strategy.
The project involves two research areas of The BioRobotics Institute: the ‘Surgical Robotics’ group led by Arianna Menciassi, and the ‘Mathematical and Computational Modeling’ group coordinated by Prof. Antonio De Simone.
For more information, please visit: